BookMyShow - Movie Rating & Review
I am glad to share #goodux of Movie Rating & Review of BookMyShow app.
I went to see a recent Bollywood movie 102 Not Out last weekend with my family in Bangalore, India. The movie was really great. The movie booking experience was equally impressive on BookMyShow app.
Today morning, I was exploring recent Bollywood movies for upcoming weekend plan. I opened BookMyShow and immediately, I saw a popup consisting movie banner of 102 NOT OUT and label “How was the movie” with the little heart and some artwork below the label. I was able to see 0% and 5 unrated hearts with Submit button and also with close icon below the popup.
I explored this movie review solution in detail. The content and artwork would change based on the number of stars you choose.
Let’s see content for each star below.
1 star - 20%, Meh :( and little filled heart with sad emoji on top.
2 stars - 30%, Meh :( and little filled heart with sad emoji on top.
3 stars - 60% , Pretty GoodA and average filled heart with normal emoji on top.
4 stars - 80%, Loved it! and Almost filled heart with happy emoji on top.
5 stars - 100%, Pure Art! and filled heart with happy emoji and wings on top.
The review also consists of “Write a Review” section and that has following components.
- “It’s option” a note underneath “Write a Review” label. It clearly tells that it’s optional for review.
- Review Title
- Description which should be at-least 140 characters. Not sure why they have kept limit of 140 characters though it’s optional.
Once I submitted the review, I got to see Rate our App screen and toast message “You have successfully rated the movie”. It’s already an overlay and having a toast message on top of overlay could be easily missed by users. Rate our app consists of three options namely Rate Now, Maybe Later and No, thanks! I assume that this would come only in case of positive movie reviews (Above 3 stars).
I tapped on Maybe later and got to see following screen. It provided a feedback that your feedback is “Under Approval” with additional content “We will notify once your review is approved”. It also consisted the ratings and review with Done button. I was amazed to see that my review is under approval but was not sure why it requires approval.
I also thought to change review from 5 stars (100%) to 4 stars (80%). However, I could not see an option to update review on pop up. Thus, I decided to check inside Profile > Purchase History > 102 NOT OUT. However, I was unable to find edit option.
1. Rating mechanism was simply awesome and engaging. It consists of contextual content and art work based on user’s rating.
2. Use of artwork in ratting is really well done and thought through. It consists of Heart with filling effect and emoji inside.
3. It was good to see also optional review section. However, it could have been done in a better way.
4. Rate our App was also good as it provides all three potential option. Let’s say if user does not want to rate app anymore than they could choose No, thanks! If user goes with Maybe Later option then Rate our App popup would appear later. It also consist of Tell us about your experience with the new BookMyShow app. This content is soft and well written.
5. The app should provide enough information when something is Under Approval. User might think that why it’s under approval and what’s the need.
What could have been improvised:
1. I was unable to understand selection of 1 and half stars (30% ). Perhaps, it might be technical bug. It can allow full star ratings only.
2. It was difficult to write comment in Description section and it was very difficult to understand why they have kept 140 character limits for Optional “Write a Review”. When you start writing description, you might have scroll in popup to review description and that’s difficult. Perhaps, full screen review would have worked well. But, this entirely depends on number of users writing description.
3. Rate our app was a bit surprising screen in between the journey. It was completely unexpected. Perhaps, it would have come after user taps on Done button on Review Under Approval screen.
4. It was difficult to find written review for edit purpose. I was unable to discover this option where I could review my movie review and edit the same.