BookMyShow - Rate our App
Sharing experience of Rate our App of BookMyShow mobile app.
I went to see a recent Bollywood movie 102 Not Out in last weekend with Family. Today, I was exploring BookMyShow app to see upcoming Bollywood movies and encountered a popup to review the recent watched movie. I have rated it with 5 stars and written a review as well. After submission, I got to see Rate our App screen as depicted below.
The objective of getting reviews for app is primarily improve App Store Optimisation (ASO). If ratings and reviews are good then it would not only improvise ASO ranking but also increase chances of installation as well. Though it’s difficult to measure ASO impact on number of app downloads and installation.
Once I submitted the review, I got to see Rate our App screen and toast message “You have successfully rated the movie”. It’s already an overlay and having a toast message on top of overlay could be easily missed by users. Rate our app consists of three options namely Rate Now, Maybe Later and No, thanks! I assume that this would come only in case of positive movie reviews (Above 3 stars).
I was glad to see three options provided in this overlay and it would cover three potential use cases mentioned below.
1. If user is satisfied with BookMyShow experience then users would Rate on Google Play Store.
2. User might tap on “Maybe Later” incase if user wants to rate later.
3. User might tap on “No, Thanks!”, If user is not interested to rate.
1. Ultimately, It covers all three potential scenarios Rate Now, Maybe Later and No, Thanks! and that’s the best part of this solution.
2. If Rate our App option is provided at a proper place with appropriate options then it would help Apps to get feedback on Play Store. Thus, it would improvise App Store Optimisation (ASO) and increase number of downloads.