Domino's - Online Order App
This is my first ever post on design practice and I am happy to share my experience with all NEW Domino's online order app.
It was an occasion of my hubby's birthday and all of sudden instead of dining out; we decided to order pizza at home. The time was almost 10:25PM, and being a Pizza lover (my son and me) that is the ultimate choice.
I started looking for outlet number from google search. My son asked me to use the app. I looked at him with a slight grin (he is 13 now) just to let you all know, it is not something that I did not knew about that. One thing that my son does not know is “I have deleted the App” from my phone. Why?
Earlier I had very bad experience of using domino's ordering app. just to give you few examples –
• After placing an order, I need to confirm the order over the phone.
• The order tracking was not available.
• The top categories shown in semi-circle was very much annoying
• Compulsory login to access the content.
• Overall look of app was not so welcoming.
I deleted the app.
With heavy hearted I again downloaded the app. Well to my surprise this time, I can skip the login process to access the content until I decide to make payment.
Alternatively, I can even use my Gmail or Fb ids for login. WOW! Well it does remember my delivery address too.
The category listing was much simpler, easy to navigate, crisp and clear. Moreover, I can even increase the quantity of the product I would like to buy. Selection of crust, sizes, and extra toppings with price variation is much easier.
On single page, I get to view almost everything I wished for without even turning page. All I can say, remembering order history and tracking order status is good experience.
1. Easy and efficient online ordering system.
2. Enhanced entire app from the last version.
3. Skip option in Login process while checking out.
UI Design can still enhance by using proper alignment and establishing visual hierarchy.