Experience of Joining Free CCD Wi-Fi Network
Today morning, I was in a CCD and wanted to check my mailbox. I checked for CCD Wi-Fi and got to see “Free CCD Wi-Fi” as an option in Wi-Fi networks. I immediately connected and then got to see following screen.
In first screen, it asked for the mobile number and I was a kind of hesitant in sharing my regular number. If I would share mobile number, I might get unnecessary SMS or Calls from CCD. I was unable to see information about that whether they may use it for any marketing purpose or not.
As I was not having any option, I clicked on “NEXT” and then got to see following screen. It consists of many fields such as OTP, Name, Email, Gender and Age Group. I was able to get it that “It’s not at all free Internet”. It’s asking all information before I could use Internet. Asking OTP is still fine for validating my details. But, It was trying to get all details which ideally I would not have shared. It’s not required for internet access.
I needed to provide details though it was not convenient. I filled the form and clicked on “Next”. I was literally hoping that I should now be able to use internet without any further steps. But, I got another screen as listed below having a nice CCD coffee mug and a message that “You are moments away from Wi-Fi access”. I need to click again on Get Wi-Fi button to get internet access. This was unnecessary STEP.
I clicked on “Get Wi-Fi”, my assumption was that “this window will auto close and I could start using Internet”. But, How can that happen? I was able to see following screen which gives me confirmation that “Dhaval, you are online now, Start browsing now.”
1. If you are taking lots of personal details on name of Free Wi-Fi or other services and if you do not have any marketing plans based on that then you could mention clearly that why you need personal information.
2. Getting personal details for Free Wi-Fi connection is a kind of unnecessary. I could not see the purpose behind it. I wish I do not receive any SMS or Email from CCD.
3. Make process faster. In this case, Getting Personal Details was unclear. Moreover, showing a separate screen of “Get Wi-Fi” and “Start browsing now” are unnecessary steps.
1. Improvise Wi-Fi Access journey by keeping necessary steps.
2. Please do provide more information about getting Personal Information for Wi-Fi access. If there is a reasoning behind taking personal information