Gaana - Voice Based Search
"A lovable product is the one that reaches to the user, By the user"
Product features and design defines the success of any product. Simple design and useful feature that saves the time of user create the great user experience. Gaana.com uses the same thing for gaana’s users. Recently gaana added one new feature for song’s search and It’s a voice based search feature.
I opened the gaana app and I pressed on the search button. Then I had seen an option of voice based search with good instruction message. I felt amazing by seeing that and I thought let’s try this new feature of gaana.
Then mike button highlighted for search. Anyone can clearly see that mike button. When I pressed on that button it opened the search tab with command instruction.
It was displaying nice message on search box, "I'm listening.Try.." I tried that command it surprised me with the message “Oops! We didn’t get that! Please try again!” and I thought it’s not working properly.
After that, I spoke very near to the microphone and then It showed me the correct results. But, it showed me every correct result and the “Play” command is amazing, we can directly play the song without touching a screen and the design of the playing screen with mic option is also good.
1. It's amazing to see a feature of "Voice based search". It not only adds value to the user's life but equally it removes interactions completely to find songs.
2. Perfect design with clear understanding.
3. Concise guidelines helps user to understand the feature.
4. Nice message on search box to engage the user.
5. Play command with song name makes life easy.
User should not have to speak near to the microphone. It should recognize voice from a bit more distance.