Google Pay - Winning hearts of people by giving Rewards
As we all know, Google Pay is the fast, simple way to pay in millions of places, whether it is on stores, malls, apps or online payments. Just you have to add your bank accounts and you can immediately start the payment.
Few weeks back my friend suggested me to use google pay for the payments. She also mentioned about the rewards on each payments. Till now, I was using either credit/debit cards, cash or the app such as Paytm for the payments. I thought to give a try and experience the app.
I installed the app and added my bank accounts. It was super easy. Then I transferred some money to my friend that she owed through Tez mode. After the successful transfer, I could see a screen the blue cards on the screen. It asked to scratch. I scratched and got a reward of 5 rupees. It said “You Won X Amount. Congratulations! Expect payment within a week. I was totally unaware about this reward system. It could be a big motivation for the end user to use google pay for the rewards. And yes, the reward amount gets deposited immediately though they mention to expect payment within a week.
While interacting with the reward system, I felt that the design is so simple and vibrant. It helped understood the rewards in the first time use. Moreover, the animations were so nicely done to give a feeling of the rewards. Overall, it’s well designed journey.
Now, I have become a pro user and I use google pay for most of my payments.
1. Gamification of Rewards could be a strong hook to bring users back on the product.
2. Use of animations can make huge impact on the overall use experience of the product.
3. It’s possible to design a feature that a first time user can easily understand. Google pay app has designed many such experiences in the app.
Nothing as such.
Explore Other GoodUX from Google
- Google Pay - Manage Your Multiple Bank Accounts
- Google Trips iOS App - Walkthrough
- Google Trip App - User Experience
- Google Fit - Onboarding Journey
- Google Jobs
About Design Practice:
We are a group of UX Enthusiasts who are passionate to share good and bad experiences. We believe that we could design a better solution if we could learn from the real experiences. Feel free to subscribe below and get weekly updates.