Google Trips iOS App - Walkthrough
Few days back I was planning a trip and downloaded the Google Trips application from the AppStore. This is my one of the best walk-through experience. This is what you expect from an IT giant like Google, right? :) I am happy to say that, they proved it again with their Google Trips app.
When I opened it for the first time, it showed me a walk-through screen which helped me to understand the app. The main features of the apps was divided in three different slides with cool graphics and attractive animations. I could immediately understood what's in for me. I could have all my trip details in one spot and could plan stress free planning without internet. Amazing! isn't it?
* An article is on its way where I will share design practice experiences on Google Trips. Stay tuned.
- Show the app main features in walk-through to help users understand the main functions of your app.
- Add cool graphics and animations to put high impression on your users that they will continue to your app after a walk-through. A bad walk-through experience may set a negative experience of a nice app.
- Divide application features in multiple slides but limited to 5. The standard of showing the walk-through slides is 3.
- The "Get Started" button should available from the first slide it self, so it's not necessary for the users to go through all the slides. This is the good practice when a user re-download the same app.
- Always add a walk-through for your app which will help users to attract at first place.
- Nothing as such.
About Design Practice:
We are a group of UX Enthusiasts who are passionate to share good and bad experiences. We believe that we could design a better solution if we could learn from the real experiences. Feel free to subscribe below and get weekly updates.