Paytm - Flight Booking Experience
I have been using paytm for sometime because it's a multi-purpose app to pay electricity, mobile, DTH bills etc & also there's wallet which I use for services like uber, freshmenu etc.
I was planning a trip to Mumbai and though of just exploring Paytm travel for flight booking and was pleasantly surprised once again by the simpilicity & intuitive design.
- What I liked about design on the homepage was the following
- Offers shown upfront (to help users to get best deals)
- Recent searches (User doesn't need to enter search query once again)
- Fare Alerts (To alert user in case of price drop)
- The input fields were also intuitive specially the date selection because the user can see the Price on that particular day. Also, very useful information is showing public holiday list to users upfront so that they can plan holidays accordingly. The calendar is a simple vertical scroll to check fares for future months.
Loader screen had a simple yet beautiful animation of aeroplane flying with a message showing Hold up tight, fetching best fares which is effective.
Like regular search result, but representing of information was done in a much cleaner way & Non-stop flight option shown upfront rather than inside the filters menu & finally the price with a button below the filters.
Nothing beats simplicity in design. Small attention to details like showing recent searches, fare alerts, showing holiday list & non-stop flights upfront go a long way in improving the experience of the user.
Only 1 suggestion which i can think as of now in the search result page is that the bottom bar can be of a different contrasting color to highlight price & CTA because entire page is plain vanilla white in color. This will help in getting attention for the user & help in more conversion.
About Design Practice:
We are a group of UX Enthusiasts who are passionate to share good and bad experiences. We believe that we could design better solution if we could learn from the real experiences. Feel free to subscribe below and get weekly updates.