Pedometer - The Fitness App
On the walk to work, at the weight room or in the last mile. Somewhere between first tries and finish lines. Pillow fights and pushing limits. That’s where you find fitness. Every moment matters and every bit makes a big impact. Because fitness is the sum of your life. With 30 % of the market share as of the last quarter of 2017, Fitbit has taken the lead in the wearable market. For more than a year now, I have been using Fitbit. Everyone who uses Fitbit knows that to track various activities, you need to download respective app. Even I have an app.
However, here I am not going to talk my experience with any of these Fitbit apps, rather I am going to share my experience with another app, I have been using even before I got my first Fitbit, which doesn’t even need a device on your hand and still track your activities.Surprised!
I am talking about an app called “Pedometer” (a steps counter).
The basic requirement to use this app is as following.
• One time installation
• No data connection required after that. (Fitbit app needs Bluetooth connectivity as well)
Probably your opinion would vary with me here.
Everyone’s approach to fitness is different. One-size-fits-all does not always fit you. When it comes to reaching your fitness goals, steps are just the beginning- see how small steps make a big impact.
This app records the number of steps you have walked and displays them again along with the number of calories that you have burned, distance, walking time and speed per hour. It also shows your walking activity per week and per month… My fitness Mantra is this simple!
It is easy to use. Once you push the Start button, all you have to do is hold your smartphone as you always do and walk.
Of course, it will continue to record automatically your steps even if you put it in your pocket or bag. Isn’t this an interesting thing you would have heard in a while?
1. What I liked most about this app is it’s minimalistic design and simplicity to use. Those who are not even aware of Fitbits and for those as well, who don’t want extra activities countable, they can also use it with ease.
2. The user doesn’t even have to scroll the screen. At one glance, you get to see all your other activities (calories burnt, distance travelled, time and speed)
3. You can select the units of measurements, as per your understanding.
4. In addition, to add bit of color, you can select your themes from the theme gallery
5. “A picture speaks thousands words” - You can view a graph with the number of steps you have walked and all other information anytime.
Well! Although I liked the minimalistic design and simple step tracking activity of this app, I would still suggest the creators to include the other features. Listen to your users.
Meanwhile, let’s enjoy walking with this app!