Samsung Galaxy S7 - Feature Discovery
Discovery of features is one of the biggest challenges.
Recently got a new update for messages in Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and came across this amazing Feature discovery which explains easily through the new add ons for the application.
With help of this, Samsung introduces users to a feature that he or she may not have noticed, or may not know about.
In this case, It gives a walkthrough of Send messages via chat and SMS. It also gives information about the Group Chat and provides for information about the messages’ Features.
Amazing! isn’t it?
- Great combination of Text and visuals which makes the user not skip and rather go through the feature highlighting the key add-on features of the application.
- Visual Clutter Features need to be JTBD-focussed when a user wants them, otherwise “out of the ways” when not.
- Its well understood that desktop design does not map to Mobile App design, but users still expect the same features in the Mobile App.
I propose user already understands the presence of a “signal layer” that is separate and distinguished from App design and solves the need for:
- New feature discovery
- Unused feature discovery (per user or audience)
- Time-based or promotional features (see an example of Facebook Messenger’s changes on St Patrick’s day)
About Design Practice:
We are a group of UX Enthusiasts who are passionate to share good and bad experiences. We believe that we could design a better solution if we could learn from the real experiences. Feel free to subscribe below and get weekly updates.