Uber Eats - Can't Log In
Technology makes your work easy? Right, but not always.
Getting lazy and ordering food online is easy with so many options available viz. zomato, uber eats, swiggy.
Sunday evening visited uber eats to order food from my favorite restaurant, entered my location, searched for my restaurant, selected my food and proceed to order food.
I was navigated to Sign In/Register page, as I didn't remember my password went through forgot password cycle and reset my password, then back to Sign In asking me to enter Email or mobile number. After entering my Email clicked on Next but surprisingly nothing happens, no validation or Error message. I can't log in.
Clicking Next twice or thrice, Google authentication - 'reCaptcha' showed up, even on authenticating reCaptcha and clicking Next still on the same page with no progress. Refreshed the page and tried again still the same result, so closed the tab and opened Uber Eats in a new tab and again tried to Sign In but it was resistant to not Log me In,
at last, my patience ended and gave up on ordering food online.
P.S: Used Google Chrome browser.
- Keeping design simple helps but basic function like Sign In not working makes the first impression a bad impression.
- User should be updated with all necessary information and should not be kept guessing.
- Thorough testing on multiple and cross platforms should be taken care off, so at least basic issues like login are resolved.
- Inform the user whats wrong at least by showing message or popup, and don't play with their patients, it gives a bad impression of the brand.
- Users are human and can understand technical glitches/issues, just inform them with a light massage or popup as seen on various portals - "Sorry, we are facing some technical issue, please try after some time." and thereby don't play with their patience and time.
About Design Practice:
We are a group of UX Enthusiasts who are passionate to share good and bad experiences. We believe that we could design a better solution if we could learn from the real experiences. Feel free to subscribe below and get weekly updates.